OK, allow me to be honest for a moment here. I have spent the first few blogs letting you know a little bit about me and why I am so passionate about walking in the 3day and raising money to support breast cancer research and awareness... so now onto the fund raising.
Alot of people that I share with about my walk are a wee bit shocked at the amount of money that has to be raised. Allow me to explain... to walk in the 3day each walker must raise a minimum of $2300 -- so, if you raise less than that before your walk you either can not walk, or post the difference yourself and hope that you raise the money within four weeks after the walk... Is this daunting? ABSOLUTELY. Is this doable? ABSOLUTELY! Last year I raised just over $2300 with a combination of large donations (over $150) and small donations ($5-10)... The Lovely Lady Lumps raised over $11,500 as a team! Can you believe that? Almost $12,000 for breast cancer research... I am humbled by that.
So, why does Komen require the walkers to raise so much? To put it simply... we are trying to obliterate breast cancer... that is a BOLD undertaking - obviously, the more money the better. Thousands upon thousands of walkers raise way beyond $2300 each year (the average is $3000/walker)... so why not me?!
As I've been told... walking 60 miles is a BOLD move... so why not raise a BOLD amount of money? :-)
My goal this year is to raise $3000 and I know I can get there! Please remember that every dollar counts! Your support means so much to me - $1 or $100 - every dollar is another step toward overcoming this nasty disease.
Now that I have inspired you to donate, you need to know how, right? :-)
it's easy! click on the "donate" button on the right side of the page or just click on this link... http://www.the3day.org/goto/beccawinn10.
Thank you!!
Great post - it is absolutely doable. And, you made it perfectly clear what it is for. Keep it up - and don't let anyone's shocking responses get you down. Just tell them you are going to charge them $10 for that surprised look on their face.
ReplyDeletemarc