Training Update
So, first for a quick update... since my last "entry" (if you can call two pictures an entry), I have started my training and quickly realized how frighteningly out of shape I am. Yikes. I have been training for a few weeks now with my longest walk being 5 miles... the first 5 mile walk was good, I had friends with me, we chatted, it was cold but it was nice. For the second one, I was by myself... it was awesome to listen to some worship music on my iPod, and have some good God time, the weather was PERFECT and then mile 4 hit. I wanted to lay down in the grass, eat a cheeseburger and take a nap. So, it's a rough start... that's OK, I will prevail (and I did, I called Chris for a pep talk and finished my last two miles). The weather in Chicagoland is so weird... one day it's 80, the next it's 35... not kidding! So, that doesn't help with the training situation either - I was supposed to walk 7 miles today and totally skipped it due to the 35 degree windchill we have happening out there (on May 8th!). It will warm up and I will continue with my walking... I promise. I owe it to my supporters and all of those amazing women and men, fighting this awful disease and their families who I am walking for.
So, in an effort to do much better with my training than I did last year (my longest walk was 11 miles... no good), I am posting a picture on facebook every time I do a training walk. It's working... when I don't post a picture in a few days I get questions like, "where are your pictures? why aren't you walking?" - that's the kick in the behind that I need! It's also making everyone and their mother (ok, my 400 closest facebook friends) know about my desire to put an end to breast cancer. Awareness is good and important. And I'm finding more and more friends to walk with every day (you don't have to be training for the 3day to go on a training walk... I'm just sayin...)!
So far, I have walked 23.5 half miles in my training... pretty much the equivalent to day one of the actual walk. So, I have a ways to go... I'm happy that I got started though!
Here are some of my training walk pics...
Walk 2 (forgot to take a pic of walk 1)

Walk 3
Walk 4
Walk 5
Walk 6
Fundraising Update
Now, onto fundraising... It's weird but as soon as I stopped updating my blog, I stopped getting donations - go figure! My goal this year is to raise $3000 - the minimum for the walk is $2300 but I know I can do more this year! So far I have raised $675 which is AMAZING but I still have a ways to go! Please consider donating TODAY! Remember all of the donations go to Susan G. Komen for the cure - they are an amazing organization and they have played a role in every major advancement in breast cancer treatment, etc... in the last 25 years. Your money is going to a worthy cause.
I'm going to post on my facebook page that I have updated the blog - not sure how many people will really read this but I challenge you to consider donating $10 today if you are reading this! I have 400 facebook friends... imagine what would happen if all of my facebook friends donated $10! It's so easy - just go to www.the3day.org/goto/beccawinn10 - you'll make my day!
Thank you to my readers - you rock my world.
Peace out for now!




can I do a training walk with you? I can't be there in person, but I can call and walk in place in my living room along with you, even if it's 1 in the morning here, I will do it! Love you!
ReplyDelete