Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A perfect year.

Woah, it's been a while since I've blogged. I've thought about it, I swear... just no time lately! We moved, we renovated, we painted, we cleaned and cleaned and cleaned, May turned one, we had a HUGE party and this was all within one month.  Yikes.

So, for today I'm going to write a bit about my little boo boo and how magical she is :-)... May turned one on March 25th.  I simply canNOT believe how quickly this year went by and how much she has changed (despite all my mom-friend's warnings that this would happen). 

She is definitely turning into a little toddler with a mind of her own! She knows what she wants, which is fun for everyone, as you can imagine.  Here's a little listy-loo of all the fun happening around here..

May is...
  • Cruising the furniture like crazy
  • Crawling faster than lightening
  • Standing by herself for long periods of time
  • Taking a random step here and there (but no interest in using this as her primary mode of transportation just yet, we're OK with that)
  • Chatting up a storm - she has her own language, it sounds like gibberish but I know she has lots to say!
  • Dancing like a little crazy person, man she LOVES music
  • Hugging her baby dolls (you cannot imagine the cuteness)
  • Playing very well by herself, she's turning into quite the independent little lady
  • Smiling suspiciously when we tell her "no" -- this starts younger than I realized
  • Pointing to her nose, head, hair and belly button when we ask her where they are 
  • Only drinking her milk from a sippy cup... no more bottles!
  • Learning sign language -- so far she knows:
    • Milk
    • More -- which looks more like clapping
    • All done -- which she only does on occasion and it's never the right occasion, life will be easier when she gets this down...
  • Saying a handful of words:
    • Zipper (yes, this was her official first word besides dada) - pronounced "Zizaaaaa" and said in an almost whisper, it's hilarious
    • Dada - she FOR SURE knows that this word refers to Chris - she says it when he walks in the room and looks for him when I say "Dada's home!"
    • Light - this is one of her faves, she points to the ceiling (or the sun, on occassion) and says "Light" with astounding clarity
    • Sock - she loves socks
    • Eyes - she says this often, not sure she really knows what she's talking about though
    • Doggie - prounced "DADA!!" -- if you aren't screaming then you aren't saying it right -- only reason I know that this is "doggie" is because she says it while pointing at a dog, so that makes it pretty clear.
    • Diaper - prounced "dada" -- again, only said in regards to diaper changes so I guess she knows what she's talking about
    • Booger -- I have no idea how to write this one out phonetically... she starts mumbling about boogers when she see's the bulb syringe coming.  I might be responsible for her teaching her this word, maybe.
    • Night Night - Pronounced "nah nah" - it's very cute :-)
    • Up - no explanation needed there
    • HI!
    • Mama - she just says this randomly and never ever in regards to me.... but it's OK, I'm not taking it personally... I swear.
    • If I tell her to call daddy on one of her many phones she puts the phone to her ear and says "HA DA!" so cute.
    • I think there are more but I can't think of them :-)
 That's all for now! Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.  I'll post soon all about May's 1st Bday bash and about the house!


somebody looooves spaghetti!

11 month photo!

she's in the roller derby. obviously.


12 month photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment