I have never been one for making resolutions... in fact, I generally just tune out when people start talking about resolutions. I've never really entertained the thought, I'm not sure why. So, when everyone started talking about resolutions this year, I did my usual "tune it out" thing. But then, before I knew it.... I had made some resolutions. On accident. Hmmmmm.
So, here we go 2012! Apparently my brain would like me to try and do some things better this year... that caught me off guard.
1. Must. Get. Organized. Is this everyone's resolution every year? I feel like everywhere I look there are organization tips... I'm a little late on this one, I guess. So far so good, we organized the storage room on January 1st and I've been a labeling fool. As it turns out, you can't stay organized if nothing has an official place. It's also helpful if my husband can figure out where to put things (which is nearly impossible without labels because I like to reorganize every 3 days or so). My favorite organizing thing I've done so far is with my extension cords. I found this little tip on pinterest and it was so easy and manages to make extension cords cute. Who knew?
| Before... what a mess. |
| covered some toilet paper rolls with scrapbook paper and then stuck the cords in... easy!! |
| After! Still need to figure something out for the power strips... |
2. Exhibit a tiny bit of will power in regards to food. It's been 18 months since I have thought about dieting (what? I was pregnant and nursing... so....). I don't want to diet but I do want to be more careful about what I am eating and include more produce in my diet. May is eating what we're eating most of the time now so that's the best diet plan ever. She isn't going to live on cereal and pizza so that should be the kick in the pants that I need!
3. Get out of my pajama's. OK, so I should tell you that I'm not one of those stay at home mom's that has a problem with still being in the jam's when dad gets home. I love sweat pants... Chris loves sweat pants. If we are home, then we are in pajama's. I find though, that I am much more productive if I put my jeans/socks/etc on in the morning. Plus, it's nice to be ready to leave the house if something pops up, especially since I have limited in between naps time to work with anyways.
4. Get moving. Let's be realistic here... I'm probably not going to start going to the gym 4 times a week or anything but I can certainly get off my duff around the house. Like, instead of making a giant pile on the stairs for days of stuff that needs to go upstairs, I can bring things upstairs and put them away right away (or maybe within the day, instead of the week).
Oh, and I'd really like to get back to my blogging... So, you'll be hearing more from me!
![]() |
| No reason for this photo... just wanted to show you how cute my little May is in her New Years Eve outfit. :-) |

No comments:
Post a Comment