Is parenthood a time warp? I think it is and everyone has just forgotten to warn me about it.
Yesterday our day was so full that all the sudden it was 3:30 and the hubs was walking through the front door... what? it's time for daddy to be home already? I love it when this happens.
Today, however, is a whole different story. Went to get my little boo boo up around 7:30 this morning (she's a late sleeper, I love that) and this is what ensued...
Hmmmm, it smells REALLY bad in here - I guess I better empty the trash before we do anything else. (sidenote: we usually use cloth dipes, and the dirties are stored in the bathroom, but she's fighting a rash something fierce right now so we are in disposables for a while until things clear up and I can find time to disinfect her diapers - my life is so glamorous.) So, I take her tiny little grocery bag garbage out and go to pick her up from the crib and discover something terrible. The rancid smell is coming from my sweet little angel baby. Oh dear... her light pink sleep sack has yellow on it. Oh dear.
I strip her down to nothing (while holding my breath) and find that her legs and tummy are WET from the diaper overflow that has taken place. (Mental note -- must purchase some overnight diapers TODAY -- I miss my cloth diapers!) So. so. gross. OK, we'll do a little wet wipey bath this morning then, no problem. Nope - wet wipes are not going to tackle this stench. How can one little baby smell SO bad? Hmmmm a bath is required. She is not going to love her bath, as usual if she is starving though. So, I take my naked baby down stairs to retrieve her bottle and plop her in the bathtub. It's now 7:45 and May is drinking her morning bottle in the bathtub. (Good thing I'm not nursing her anymore or this would have been REALLY interesting.)
After the bath, I put her in a t-shirt and leg warmers... her tummy has a rash now too so I figure the more air we can get flowing around her little body, the better. She looks ADORABLE in this hilarious little outfit. The only thing missing is a sweatband around her head. :-) Time for breakfast and OF COURSE the tray is dirty from dinner last night... ugh. Get the tray clean, feed the baby. I'm expecting a visitor this morning and my apartment is a disaster zone so I spend the next 45 minutes cleaning and sweating and sweating and cleaning. My visitor says she'll have to come later. At least my apartment is clean now, right? AND, my baby totally cooperated and played independently while I cleaned - I love when that happens.
Three diaper changes, two laundry loads and one dishwasher load later, the little one is ready for her nap. While I'm changing her sheets (because of course they had to be stripped off the bed this morning, and of course, I didn't remember to put clean ones on at the time) I think to myself, "Self, is this her first nap of the day or her second? I just have no idea." So, I check the clock and sure enough, it's 9:45am. Really? So this is not going to be one of those days when I'm surprised when the hubs walks through the door then. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment