Sunday, August 7, 2011

My May-Bug

Let's pick up where we left off...
March 25, 2011 ---- the. best. day. ever.















Miss May Florence Winn graced us with her presence at 8:21am  - she was 9lbs, 6oz and 21 inches long!

No wonder I was SO HUGE at the end of my pregnancy.  She was technically only one week late (according to the doctors due date)... but, according to MY due date she was two weeks late.  Who do you think was right? I mean, 9lbs 6oz? C'mon.

Labor and delivery was a breeze (thanks to my little friend, "epidural") - From the time my water broke to the time she was out it had been about 9 hours... not too shabby!

May was SUCH a good baby from the get go - she never had her days and nights mixed up (she would get up to eat at night and go right back down... what a peach!) and she started sleeping through the night (8-9 hr stretches) at 5 weeks! Yep, we are lucky parents. I like to take a tiny bit of credit for her sleeping habits... for two reasons... One is genetics... I LOVE to sleep so I think she takes after me :-) and Two is sleep training... sounds nutty but I really did start working on this at 2 weeks old (not letting her scream and cry in her crib or anything crazy like that, well not at 2 weeks at least) and we still work on it now (she's 4.5 months as I'm writing this).

The first 2.5 weeks flew by! My mom was here and living on our couch (thanks to our lovely one bedroom apartment) for the first week - she cooked and cleaned and let me cry as much as I needed to... it was SO good to have her here! Then Chris' mom was here for about a week and a half and she didn't stay with us but she got here around 7am everyday to make me breakfast and help me take care of little May since Chris was back at work already... what a blessing our mom's are!

Here are some of my fave pics from her first month!












1 comment:

  1. May is beautiful!! I can't believe how big she was at birth. So glad labor/delivery went well and that she is such a good sleeper. That makes all the difference!!

    ReplyDelete